1. any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae used for food
Definition categories: food, legume
2. any of various seeds or fruits that are beans or resemble beans
Definition categories: plant, seed
3. any of various leguminous plants grown for their edible seeds and pods
Definition categories: plant, legume
4. informal terms for a human head
Similar word(s): attic, bonce, dome, noggin, noodle
Definition categories: body
Sentences with bean as a noun:
- I haven't got a bean.
1. hit on the head, especially with a pitched baseball
Definition categories: contact, hit
Sentences with bean as a verb:
- The pitcher beaned the batter, rather than letting him hit another home run.