1. a small wave on the surface of a liquid
Similar word(s): riffle, rippling, wavelet
Definition categories: event, wave
2. (electronics) an oscillation of small amplitude imposed on top of a steady value
Definition categories: event, oscillation, vibration
Sentences with ripple as a noun:
- I dropped a small stone into the pond and watched the ripples.
- I enjoy fudge ripple ice cream, but I especially like to dig through the carton to get at the ripple part and eat only that.
1. stir up (water) so as to form ripples
Similar word(s): cockle, riffle, ruffle, undulate
Definition categories: motion, flow, flux
2. flow in an irregular current with a bubbling noise
Similar word(s): babble, bubble, burble, guggle, gurgle
Definition categories: perception, go, sound