1. a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage
2. a passage or expression that is quoted or cited
3. a statement of the current market price of a security or commodity
4. the practice of quoting from books or plays etc.
- since he lacks originality he must rely on quotation
Sentences with quotation as a noun:
- "Where they burn books, they will also burn people" is a famous quotation from Heinrich Heine.
- Let's get a quotation for repairing the roof before we decide whether it's worth doing.