1. a large flow
2. the occurrence of surplus liquid (as water) exceeding the limit or capacity
1. flow or run over (a limit or brim)
Similar word(s): overrun
2. overflow with a certain feeling
- The children bubbled over with joy
- My boss was bubbling over with anger
Sentences with overflow as a verb:
- The river overflowed the levee.
- The flash flood overflowed most of the parkland and some homes.
- The waters overflowed into the Ninth Ward.
- The hospital ER was overflowing with flu cases.
- Calculating 255+1 will overflow an eight-bit byte.