1. pleasant or pleasing or agreeable in nature or appearance
- what a nice fellow you are and we all thought you so nasty
- nice manners
- a nice dress
2. socially or conventionally correct; refined or virtuous
- a nice girl
3. done with delicacy and skill
- a nice bit of craft
- a job requiring nice measurements with a micrometer
- a nice shot
4. excessively fastidious and easily disgusted
- too nice about his food to take to camp cooking
5. exhibiting courtesy and politeness
- a nice gesture
Sentences with nice as an adjective:
- What is a nice person like you doing in a place like this?
- The soup is nice and hot.
1. (colloquial) Nicely.
- Children, play nice.
- He dresses real nice.
1. Used to signify a job well done.
- Nice! I couldn't have done better.
2. Used to signify approval.
- Is that your new car? Nice!
1. a city in southeastern France on the Mediterranean; the leading resort on the French Riviera
Definition categories: location
1. (transitive, computing, Unix) To run a process with a specified (usually lower) priority.