1. involving the mind or an intellectual process
- mental images of happy times
- mental calculations
- in a terrible mental state
2. of or relating to the mind
- mental powers
- mental development
- mental hygiene
3. of or relating to the chin- or liplike structure in insects and certain mollusks
4. of or relating to the chin or median part of the lower jaw
Similar word(s): genial
5. affected by a disorder of the mind
- a mental patient
- mental illness
Similar word(s): unhealthy
6. (colloquial) insane, mad, crazy.
Sentences with mental as an adjective:
- He is the most mental freshman I've seen yet. He went mental on us.
- That was a mental party last night.
- the mental nerve; the mental region
1. (zoology) A plate or scale covering the mentum or chin of a fish or reptile.