1. the act of caressing with the lips (or an instance thereof)
2. a cookie made of egg whites and sugar
3. any of several bite-sized candies
4. a light glancing touch
- there was a brief kiss of their hands in passing
1. touch with the lips or press the lips (against someone's mouth or other body part) as an expression of love, greeting, etc.
- The newly married couple kissed
- She kissed her grandfather on the forehead when she entered the room
2. touch lightly or gently
- the blossoms were kissed by the soft rain
Sentences with kiss as a verb:
- The nearside of the car just kissed a parked truck as he took the corner at high speed. His ball kissed the black into the corner pocket.