1. proceeding from natural feeling or impulse without external stimulus
- an impulsive gesture of affection
2. without forethought
- letting him borrow her car was an impulsive act that she immediately regretted
Similar word(s): unpremeditated
3. having the power of driving or impelling
- an impulsive force
4. determined by chance or impulse or whim rather than by necessity or reason
5. characterized by undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation
- liable to such impulsive acts as hugging strangers
1. That which impels or gives an impulse; an impelling agent.
2. One whose behaviour or personality is characterized by being impulsive.