1. (archaic) Strong; bold; doughty
2. (archaic) Weak; insipid; tasteless; commonplace.
1. a golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer
2. gradually ceasing to be visible
Similar word(s): disappearance
1. become less clearly visible or distinguishable; disappear gradually or seemingly
- The scene begins to fade
Similar word(s): melt
2. lose freshness, vigor, or vitality
Similar word(s): wither
3. disappear gradually
4. become feeble
Similar word(s): languish
Sentences with fade as a verb:
- The milkman's whistling faded into the distance.