1. intense or sharp
- suffered exquisite pain
- felt exquisite pleasure
2. lavishly elegant and refined
3. delicately beautiful
- an exquisite cameo
4. of extreme beauty
- her exquisite face
Similar word(s): beautiful
Sentences with exquisite as an adjective:
- They sell good coffee and pastries, but their chocolate is exquisite.
- Sourav Ganguly scored an exquisite century in his debut Test match.
- exquisite pain or pleasure
- exquisite judgment, taste, or discernment
1. (rare) Fop, dandy. [from early 20th c.]