1. possessing or exerting or displaying energy
- an energetic fund raiser for the college
- an energetic group of hikers
- it caused an energetic chemical reaction
Similar word(s): active, lively, dynamic, dynamical, physical, alert, brisk, lively, merry, rattling, snappy, spanking, zippy, canty, driving, indefatigable, tireless, unflagging, unwearying, strenuous, vigorous, enterprising, spirited
Sentences with energetic as an adjective:
- Cosmic rays are energetic particles from outer space.
- Those kids are so energetic: they want to run around playing all day.
- energetic laws