1. low, shallow
- The water there is otherwise very low and ebb. (Holland)
1. a gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number)
2. the outward flow of the tide
Similar word(s): reflux
Sentences with ebb as a noun:
- The boats will go out on the ebb.
1. flow back or recede
- the tides ebbed at noon
Definition categories: motion
2. hem in fish with stakes and nets so as to prevent them from going back into the sea with the ebb
3. fall away or decline
- The patient's strength ebbed away
Sentences with ebb as a verb:
- The dying man's strength ebbed away.