1. an administrator in charge of a division of a university or college
Definition categories: person
2. a man who is the senior member of a group
- he is the dean of foreign correspondents
Similar word(s): doyen
3. (Roman Catholic Church) the head of the College of Cardinals
Sentences with dean as a noun:
- dean of the diplomatic corps - a country's most senior ambassadordean of the House - the longest-serving member of a legislature
1. (intransitive, rare) To serve as a dean.
2. (transitive, rare, informal) To send (a student) to see the dean of a university.