1. a medicine or therapy that cures disease or relieve pain
1. provide a cure for, make healthy again
- The treatment cured the boy's acne
Similar word(s): heal
2. prepare by drying, salting, or chemical processing in order to preserve
- cure meats
- cure pickles
- cure hay
3. make (substances) hard and improve their usability
- cure resin
- cure cement
- cure soap
4. be or become preserved
- the apricots cure in the sun
Definition categories: change
Sentences with cure as a verb:
- Unaided nature cured him.
- Unaided nature cured his ailments.
- Experience will cure him of his naïveté.
- The smoke and heat cures the meat.
- The meat was put in the smokehouse to cure.