1. one of the groups of Christians who have their own beliefs and forms of worship
2. a place for public (especially Christian) worship
- the church was empty
Definition categories: man–made
3. a service conducted in a house of worship
- don't be late for church
4. the body of people who attend or belong to a particular local church
- our church is hosting a picnic next week
Sentences with church as a noun:
- There is a lovely little church in the valley.
- This building used to be a church before being converted into a library.
- These worshippers make up the Church of Christ.
- The Church of England separated from the Roman Catholic Church in 1534.
- She goes to a Wiccan church down the road.