1. having a cheerful, lively, and self-confident air
- looking chipper, like a man...diverted by his own wit
1. (Britain, Ireland, slang) A fish and chips shop, or more generally a cheap fast food outlet, typically selling chips and other deep-fried foods.
2. (slang) A deep frier.
3. (US) A machine that reduces organic matter to compost; depending on size, whole tree trunks are reduced to sawdust; a woodchipper.
4. (US) (smoking) An occasional tobacco user, or more generally drug user.
5. A machine that chips potatoes ready to be fried and made into chips.
6. Someone who chips (e.g. wood)
7. A sportsman who chips the ball.
1. (Britain, dialect) To chirp or chirrup.