1. marked by up-to-dateness in dress and manners
- a jaunty red hat
2. having a cheerful, lively, and self-confident air
- walked with a jaunty step
- a jaunty optimist
Sentences with jaunty as an adjective:
- The courtier was a jaunty fellow, attuned to the esoteric court gossip and attentive to the least beneficial wind of favor blowing from the throne.
- He wore a jaunty outfit that was all the rage.
- He walked down the street with a jaunty swaggering step, as if daring others less perfectly satisfied to intrude upon his good mood.