1. floor covering consisting of a piece of thick heavy fabric (usually with nap or pile)
Definition categories: man–made, furnishing
2. a natural object that resembles or suggests a carpet
- a carpet of flowers
- the larvae of some moths spin a web that resembles a carpet
Definition categories: object
1. form a carpet-like cover (over)
2. cover completely, as if with a carpet
- flowers carpeted the meadows
3. cover with a carpet
- carpet the floors of the house
Sentences with carpet as a verb:
- After the fire, they carpeted over the blackened hardwood flooring.
- The builders were carpeting in the living room when Zadie inspected her new house.
- Popcorn and candy wrappers carpeted the floor of the cinema.