1. the front of the trunk from the neck to the abdomen
- he beat his breast in anger
Similar word(s): chest
Definition categories: body
2. either of two soft fleshy milk-secreting glandular organs on the chest of a woman
3. meat carved from the breast of a fowl
4. the part of an animal's body that corresponds to a person's chest
Definition categories: animal
Sentences with breast as a noun:
- Tanya's breasts grew alarmingly during pregnancy.
- She kindled hope in the breast of all who heard her.
- The robin has a red breast.
- Would you like breast or wing?
- a chimney breast; a plough breast
1. meet at breast level
- The runner breasted the tape
2. reach the summit (of a mountain)
- They breasted the mountain
Similar word(s): summit
3. confront bodily
- breast the storm
Similar word(s): front
Sentences with breast as a verb:
- He breasted the hill and saw the town before him.