1. toward or on or near the belly (front of a primate or lower surface of a lower animal)
- the ventral aspect of the human body
- the liver is somewhat ventral in position
- ventral (or pelvic) fins correspond to the hind limbs of a quadruped
Similar word(s): dorsoventral
2. nearest to or facing toward the axis of an organ or organism
Similar word(s): adaxial
1. Any of the enlarged and transversely elongated scales that extend down the underside of a snake's body from the neck to the anal scale.