1. not clearly expressed or understood
- their descriptions of human behavior become vague, dull, and unclear
- vague...forms of speech...have so long passed for mysteries of science
2. not precisely limited, determined, or distinguished
- vague feelings of sadness
- a vague uneasiness
3. lacking clarity or distinctness
- saw a vague outline of a building through the fog
Sentences with vague as an adjective:
- a vague term of abuse
- only a vague notion of what’s needed; a vague hint of a thickening waistline; I
- a vague longing
1. (obsolete) A wandering; a vagary.
2. An indefinite expanse.
1. To wander; to roam; to stray.