1. Situated under one’s feet.
1. under the feet
- trampled the beans underfoot
- green grass growing underfoot
2. in the way and hindering progress
- a house with children and pets and toys always underfoot
Sentences with underfoot as an adverb:
- The workers were all big, burly, hard-hearted men, tromping through the marsh in their heavy boots without sparing so much as a single thought for the masses of tiny frogs they crushed underfoot.
- It would be easier to do a big project like that someday when we don't have a bunch of newcomers underfoot.