1. an enlarged and muscular saclike organ of the alimentary canal; the principal organ of digestion
2. the region of the body of a vertebrate between the thorax and the pelvis
Definition categories: body
3. an inclination or liking for things involving conflict or difficulty or unpleasantness
- he had no stomach for a fight
4. an appetite for food
- exercise gave him a good stomach for dinner
Sentences with stomach as a noun:
- a good stomach for roast beef
- I have no stomach for a fight today.
1. bear to eat
- He cannot stomach raw fish
2. put up with something or somebody unpleasant
Sentences with stomach as a verb:
- I really can’t stomach jobs involving that much paperwork, but some people seem to tolerate them.
- I can't stomach her cooking.