1. the act of rising upward into the air
Similar word(s): zoom
Sentences with soar as a noun:
- This apparent soar of the hooded falcon. Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
1. rise rapidly
- the dollar soared against the yen
2. fly by means of a hang glider
3. fly upwards or high in the sky
4. go or move upward
- The stock market soared after the cease-fire was announced
5. fly a plane without an engine
Similar word(s): sailplane
Sentences with soar as a verb:
- When soars Gaul's vulture with his wings unfurled. Byron.
- The pump prices soared into new heights as the strike continued.
- Where the deep transported mind may soar. John Milton.Valor soars above What the world calls misfortune. Joseph Addison