1. allowing communication in only one direction at a time, or in telegraphy allowing only one message over a line at a time
- simplex system
Similar word(s): unidirectional
2. having only one part or element
- a simplex word has no affixes and is not part of a compound--like `boy' compared with `boyish' or `house' compared with `houseboat'
Similar word(s): simple
1. (geometry, algebraic topology) An analogue in any dimension of the triangle or tetrahedron: the convex hull of n+1 points in n-dimensional space.
2. (linguistics) A simple word, one without affixes.