1. fully developed or matured and ready to be eaten or used
- ripe peaches
2. fully prepared or eager
- the colonists were ripe for revolution
Similar word(s): ready
3. most suitable or right for a particular purpose
- the time is ripe for great sociological changes
4. at the highest point of development especially in judgment or knowledge
- a ripe mind
Similar word(s): mature
5. far along in time
- a ripe old age
- the ripe age of 90
1. (agriculture) A fruit or vegetable which has ripened.
2. The bank of a river.
1. To ripen or mature