1. (nautical) Coming from a point well abaft the beam, but not directly astern; said of waves or any moving object.
2. (engineering) At right angles, as the cranks of a locomotive, which are in planes forming a right angle with each other.
1. a coat of arms that occupies one quarter of an escutcheon; combining four coats of arms on one shield usually represented intermarriages
2. living accommodations (especially those assigned to military personnel)
3. dividing into four equal parts
1. present participle of quarter