1. on a regular route of a railroad or bus or airline system
2. connected to a computer network or accessible by computer
Similar word(s): connected
3. being in progress now
Similar word(s): current
Sentences with online as an adjective:
- Is this modem online?
- I prefer to read the online newspapers.
- I'll be online tonight, so I'll be able to reply to your email.
- Press the F1 key to access the online help.
- The program comes with an online manual.
- The power is online.
- Once this factory comes online, it will double car production in our country!
1. Describes actions performed over the Internet.
- He works online.