1. Of a system, currently not connected (generally electrically) to a larger network. For example, a power plant which is not connected to the grid, or a computer which is not connected to the Internet or to any other communications service.
- I saved the web pages so I could read them later offline.
2. Happening in the physical world (the real world) as opposed to on the internet.
1. While offline; with an offline system.
2. (corporate jargon) Outside the current meeting, in a more private setting.