1. travel on water propelled by wind or by other means
2. act as the navigator in a car, plane, or vessel and plan, direct, plot the path and position of the conveyance
- Is anyone volunteering to navigate during the trip?
- Who was navigating the ship during the accident?
Similar word(s): pilot
3. direct carefully and safely
- He navigated his way to the altar
Sentences with navigate as a verb:
- He navigated the bomber to the Ruhr.
- We navigated to France in the dinghy.
- It was difficult to navigate back to the home page.