1. the willful and unlawful crippling or mutilation of another person
2. violent and needless disturbance
Similar word(s): havoc
Sentences with mayhem as a noun:
- What if the legendary hero Robin Hood had been born into the mayhem of the 20th century
- In all the mayhem, some children were separated from their partners.
- She waded into the mayhem, elbowing between taller men to work her way to the front of the crowd.
- The clowns would dart into the crowd and pull another unsuspecting victim into the mayhem of the ring
- The fighting dogs created mayhem in the flower beds.