1. imposing in size or bulk or solidity
- massive oak doors
- Moore's massive sculptures
2. being the same substance throughout
- massive silver
Similar word(s): solid
3. imposing in scale or scope or degree or power
- massive retaliatory power
- a massive increase in oil prices
- massive changes
4. consisting of great mass; containing a great quantity of matter
- Earth is the most massive of the terrestrial planets
Similar word(s): heavy
Sentences with massive as an adjective:
- A massive comet or asteroid appears to have ended the era of the dinosaurs.
- Compared to its counterparts from World War II, the Abrams main battle tank is truly massive.
- The enlightenment comprises massive shifts in many areas of Western thought.
- Did you see Colbert last night? He was massive!
- Some bosons are massive while others are massless.
1. (mineralogy) A homogeneous mass of rock, not layered and without an obvious crystal structure.
- karst massives in western Georgia