1. Used or accepted broadly rather than by a tiny fraction of a population or market.
- They often carry stories you won't find in the mainstream media.
1. the prevailing current of thought
- his thinking was in the American mainstream
Definition categories: thought
Sentences with mainstream as a noun:
- His ideas were well outside the mainstream, but he presented them intelligently, and we were impressed if not convinced.
1. (transitive) To educate (a disabled student) together with non-disabled students.
- Mainstreaming has become more common in recent years, as studies have shown that many mainstreamed students with mild learning disabilities learn better than their non-mainstreamed counterparts.
2. (transitive) To popularize, to normalize, to render mainstream.