1. a small glass adequate to hold a single swallow of whiskey
Similar word(s): pony
Definition categories: man–made, glass
2. any small mast on a sailing vessel; especially the mizzenmast of a yawl
Similar word(s): jiggermast
Definition categories: man–made, mast
3. larval mite that sucks the blood of vertebrates including human beings causing intense irritation
1. To alter or adjust, particularly in ways not originally intended.
- You'll have to jigger it from the original specifications to get it to work.
2. (pottery) To use a jigger.
3. To move, send, or drive with a jerk; to jerk; also, to drive or send over with a jerk, as a golf ball.
4. (slang, obsolete) To imprison.
5. (slang, archaic) To confound; to damn.