1. of or relating to or resulting from industry
- industrial output
2. having highly developed industries
- the industrial revolution
- an industrial nation
3. employed in industry
- the industrial classes
- industrial work
4. suitable to stand up to hard wear
- industrial carpeting
Sentences with industrial as an adjective:
- The industrial segment of the economy has seen troubles lately.
- Handicraft is less standardized then industrial products, hence less artistic or rather flawless.
- This is an industrial product—it's much too strong for home use.
- Italy is a part industrial, part rural nation.
- a track with clashing industrial beats
1. (dated, 19th-mid 20th century) An employee in industry
2. (business) An enterprise producing tangible goods or providing certain services to industrial companies.
3. (finance) A bond or stock issued by such company
4. (informal) industrial music
- I wish they'd play more industrial in this club.