1. not capable of occurring or being accomplished or dealt with
- an impossible dream
- an impossible situation
Similar word(s): hopeless, hopeless, impracticable, infeasible, unfeasible, unworkable, out, unachievable, unattainable, undoable, unrealizable, impractical, unrealistic, insurmountable, unsurmountable, unthinkable
2. totally unlikely
3. (used of persons or their behavior) not acceptable or reasonable
- impossible behavior
Sentences with impossible as an adjective:
- It is difficult, if not impossible, to memorize 20,000 consecutive numbers.
- Sarah thinks that nothing is impossible because things can always somehow happen.
- You never listen to a word I say – you're impossible!
- impossible quantities, or imaginary numbers