1. (figurative) the act of reforming by the removal of unwanted personnel or practices or conditions
- more housecleaning is in store at other accounting firms
- many employees were discharged in a general housecleaning by the new owners
2. the act of cleaning the rooms and furnishings of a house
- efficient housecleaning should proceed one room at a time
Sentences with housecleaning as a noun:
- If you do not keep up with the housecleaning, you will soon have a huge mess.
1. present participle of houseclean