1. responsible for or chargeable with a reprehensible act
- guilty of murder
- the guilty person
- secret guilty deeds
Similar word(s): inculpative, inculpatory, blamable, blameable, blameful, blameworthy, censurable, culpable, bloodguilty, chargeable, indictable, criminal, delinquent, finable, fineable, punishable, unrighteous
2. showing a sense of guilt
- a guilty look
Sentences with guilty as an adjective:
- He was guilty of cheating at cards.
- The guilty man was led away.
- Do you have a guilty conscience?
- I have a guilty secret.
1. (law) A plea by a defendant who does not contest a charge.
2. (law) A verdict of a judge or jury on a defendant judged to have committed a crime.
3. One who is declared guilty of a crime.