1. serving as an essential component
- an example that was fundamental to the argument
- computers are fundamental to modern industrial structure
2. being or involving basic facts or principles
- the fundamental laws of the universe
- a fundamental incompatibility between them
3. related the most important part of something; the essence.
- the fundamental revolution in human values that has occurred
- the book underwent fundamental changes
- committed the fundamental error of confusing spending with extravagance
Sentences with fundamental as an adjective:
- a fundamental truth;
- A need for belonging seems fundamental to humans.
1. any factor that could be considered important to the understanding of a particular business
- fundamentals include a company's growth, revenues, earnings, management, and capital structure
2. the lowest tone of a harmonic series