1. a mass of small bubbles formed in or on a liquid
Similar word(s): foam
Sentences with froth as a noun:
- Froth is a very important feature of many types of coffee.
- Thousands of African children die each day: why do the newspapers continue to discuss unnecessary showbiz froth?
1. become bubbly or frothy or foaming
- The boiling soup was frothing
2. make froth or foam and become bubbly
3. exude or expel foam
- the angry man was frothing at the mouth
Sentences with froth as a verb:
- I like to froth my coffee for ten seconds exactly.
- The chemical frothed up when I added the acid.
- A horse froths his chain.