1. anything that tends to arouse
- his approval was an added fillip
Similar word(s): bonus
Definition categories: thought
Sentences with fillip as a noun:
- This measure gave a fillip to the housing market.
- This athlete's victory provided a much-needed fillip for national pride.
1. (transitive) To strike or project with the nail of a finger snapped from the end of the thumb; flick.
2. (transitive) To tap or strike smartly.
3. (transitive) To make a fillip; drive by or as by a fillip; stimulate; excite; whet.
- The spicy aroma filliped my appetite.
4. To snap; to project quickly.