1. (used of count nouns) every one considered individually
- each person is mortal
- each party is welcome
Similar word(s): all
1. to or from every one of two or more (considered individually)
- they received $10 each
Similar word(s): apiece
1. All; every; qualifying a singular noun, indicating all examples of the thing so named seen as individual or separate items (compare every).
- make sure you wash each bowl well;
2. Every one; every thing.
- I'm going to give each of you a chance to win.
3. For one; per.
- The apples cost 50 cents each.
1. (operations, philosophy) An individual item: the least quantitative unit in a grouping.