1. in a condition of biological rest or suspended animation
- dormant buds
2. (of e.g. volcanos) not erupting and not extinct
- a dormant volcano
3. lying with head on paws as if sleeping
4. inactive but capable of becoming active
- her feelings of affection are dormant but easily awakened
Sentences with dormant as an adjective:
- Grass goes dormant during the winter, waiting for spring before it grows again.
- The bank account was dormant; there had been no transactions in months.
- This volcano is dormant but not extinct.
- a lion dormant