1. of or relating to whales and dolphins etc
Similar word(s): cetaceous
Sentences with cetacean as an adjective:
- The poached blubber was definitely cetacean in origin, but the particular species could not be identified.
- The obese woman, ungainly on land, moved with a kind of cetacean grace in the water.
1. large aquatic carnivorous mammal with fin-like forelimbs no hind limbs, including: whales; dolphins; porpoises; narwhals
Similar word(s): blower
Definition categories: animal
Sentences with cetacean as a noun:
- The tour promised spiritual experiences with humpback whales and other cetaceans, but all we saw were seagulls and a dead sea otter.