1. touched lightly in passing; grazed against
- of all the people brushed against in a normal day on a city street I remember not a one
Similar word(s): touched
2. (of hair or clothing) groomed with a brush
- with shining hair neatly brushed
- the freshly brushed clothes hung in the closet
Similar word(s): groomed
3. (of fabrics) having soft nap produced by brushing
- a dress of brushed cotton
Sentences with brushed as an adjective:
- The brushed aluminum vase had a soft appearance.
1. simple past tense and past participle of brush
- He brushed past, doing no harm but not apologizing for his contact either.