1. slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric
- a bias fold
Similar word(s): oblique
1. In a slanting manner; crosswise; obliquely; diagonally.
- to cut cloth bias
1. a partiality that prevents objective consideration of an issue or situation
2. a line or cut across a fabric that is not at right angles to a side of the fabric
Similar word(s): diagonal
Definition categories: shape
1. influence in an unfair way
- you are biasing my choice by telling me yours
2. cause to be biased
Similar word(s): predetermine
Sentences with bias as a verb:
- Our prejudices bias our views.