1. at all times; all the time and on every occasion
- I will always be there to help you
- always arrives on time
- there is always some pollution in the air
Similar word(s): ever
2. without variation or change, in every case
- he always arrives on time
3. without interruption
4. at any time or in any event
- you can always resign if you don't like it
- you could always take a day off
5. forever; throughout all time
- we will always be friends
- I shall treasure it always
- I will always love you
Sentences with always as an adverb:
- God is always the same.
- Our first dog always barked at passers-by.
- I thought I could always go back to work.