1. on the day preceding today
- yesterday the weather was beautiful
2. in the recent past; only a short time ago
- I was not born yesterday!
Sentences with yesterday as an adverb:
- I started to watch the video yesterday, but could only finish it this evening.
1. the day immediately before today
- it was in yesterday's newspapers
2. the recent past
- yesterday's solutions are not good enough
- we shared many yesterdays
Sentences with yesterday as a noun:
- Today is the child of yesterday and the parent of tomorrow.
- Yesterday was rainy, but by this morning it had begun to snow.
- yesterday's technology