1. Used to express pleasure, joy, or great excitement.
- Our second goal of the match! Yes!
2. Response that confirms that the user is paying attention.
1. an affirmative
- I was hoping for a yes
Sentences with yes as a noun:
- Was that a yes?
- The workers voted on whether to strike, and there were thirty "yeses" and one "no".
1. A word used to show agreement or acceptance.
- Yes, you are correct.
- Yes, you may go play outside now.
- Yes, sir, we have your package right here.
2. A word used to indicate disagreement or dissent in reply to a negative statement.
- Oh, yes, it was!
1. (colloquial, transitive) To agree with, to affirm, to approve.
- Did he yes the veto?
2. (slang) To attempt to flatter someone by habitually agreeing.