1. having a fluffy character or appearance
2. confused and vague; used especially of thinking
- woolly thinking
- woolly-headed ideas
3. covered with dense often matted or curly hairs
- woolly lambs
4. covered with dense cottony hairs or hairlike filaments
- the woolly aphid has a lanate coat resembling cotton
Sentences with woolly as an adjective:
- Put on a woolly jumper and turn down the thermostat.
- woolly hair
- That's the sort of woolly thinking that causes wars to start.
1. (informal) A sweater or similar garment made of wool
2. (Liverpudlian, pejorative) Someone not born in Liverpool (especially from the towns of Wigan, St Helen's, Widnes, Warrington and Runcorn).